Sunday, December 30, 2007

What Else Can We Add on to Mom's Plate?

Finally up in Montpelier, VT as the family continues to file in to Thierry & Julie's. It was a beautiful drive up with a nice long stop in Hartford, VT to snow shoe around the property and brainstorm a little retreat house for when Mom can finally put this all behind her.

And speaking of behinds, I suppose hers was getting jealous because a UTI wasn't enough, now she's got a whopping hemorrhoid. Way to add insult to injury!

Her night last night was sleepless as well, so tonight she will take her ativan nice and early in hopes that it will take effect when she's ready to fall asleep, not at 5am!

Thinking of all our family far and near that can't be here!

4 comments:

Talbot said...

This suggestion will need NurseMonica's approval...but there's this stuff called "Crystal Light" which is a powdered flavoring you add to water...the lemonade one is pretty darned good at even half-strength. It might water more fun to drink?

maura said...

lots of love from annie and i in london! happy new year to all the wonderful talbots! to health, love and adventure in 2008!

xoxoxox, maura and annie!!

Planet said...

Dear Babette!
Tante Charlotte and I are sitting here thinking of you, missing you, and wishing you were here. It snowed quite a bit last night, it's getting sunny now, and it's so pretty. Charlotte and Dimitri served a lovely bagel breakfast yesterday, we did the pizza thing last night (52!), the pasta thing the night before. Caline made omelettes this morning. Am I making you ravenous yet? Eat! Today for lunch we are having tacos. Eric's computer battery is about to die here, but i want you to know you are missed and we all love you so much!!!!
Be strong, be well, and we'll see you soon.
Love,
EVERYBODY!!!!!!!
(Claire and Charlotte)

Anonymous said...

Hello Monica,

I'm just catching up on the blog, finally! Even though I have been helpless, I have not been powerless, and have continued to pray for your mom.

I had a thought - even though I'm helpless to do anything practical from here, I wondered if I could help by loaning my Champion juicer. It's supposed to be the best, and it's a great way to ingest things like carrots, celery, apples, kale, spinach & beets without all that chewing! A wonderful way to get lots of healing nutrients quickly. You'd be welcome to borrow it during her recovery and chemo, and beyond!

I could give it to Caline when she drops off Bernard and I bring my mom to Kennedy.

Let me know if that would be of any help.

Love you all!

Michou