Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Meatloaf Schmeatloaf, I Hate Meatloaf

That's not true. I actually love meatloaf, especially my Mom's, but considering the season, I had to give a little tribute to Randy, the little brother in A Christmas Story.

What made me think of Meatloaf, you might ask? Tonight Mom's tray arrived and there was no runny eggs or processed apple sauce in sight, just a plate full of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and PEARS! Of all things! She was so excited, that she got out of bed to sit up in a chair, pulled the table up to her lap and started crying. She told me she then prayed that everyone was able to enjoy a meal like this tonight. Shortly before dinner, she received well over a dozen emails through the hospital's system, and she said to me that there's no way she can't beat this, she feels so loved and supported.

Although she's never lost her positive edge, she has her fair share of down moments, but tonight she sounded happy, energetic, and with a little sparkle in her voice.

Fortunately, she took it very easy on the dinner and only ate about a quarter of her plate, but I reckon that's the most she's eaten in about four weeks!

Mom and I keep talking about how her struggle thus far has really brought out the true colors in those around us, and I thank my lucky stars for our friends and family, because just when I think I'm slipping, they're right there to pick me up again.

1 comment:

Talbot said...

No-Lie....Monica's coverage of Mamasan's trail to get weller is more comprehensive and detailed than all the national news outlets combined covering the Iowa Caucus.

I don't think any of those reporters know if Hillary Clinton or Mike Huckabee even like meatloaf.

Looooooooovedad.