Saturday, December 15, 2007

UGH!

Mom went back to St. Frannie this evening after the Compazine failed to relieve her flu-like symptoms. The left-sided flank pain returned again as well with the same feelings of shortness of breath and being so miserable that she thought she was going to die right then and there.

I don't have anything to report other than her creatinine level is slightly elevated, but not nearly as much as it was two nights ago, she is producing urine, but is in immense pain and remains very nauseated. There is no definite plan for the night other than to keep her comfortable until the team can reevaluate her tomorrow morning.

Stephanie arrived this evening only to be thrown right in the midst of it all, but I appreciate her keeping me promptly up to date and jumping in head first to advocate for my mom.

So tonight I will try to wait out the storm before heading to Connecticut to check on Mom. Please keep the good thoughts and prayers coming!

2 comments:

Margot Larson said...

Hey Liz-
Hang in there. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Everyone from the DL luncheon on Friday is sending you their very best and are in the wings waiting to be of assistance to you when you need us.

It takes awhile to recover from all the stuff they do to us and from hospital stays. But it will come. I am finally beginning to feel like myself though I am still weak.

Margot

Marge Fisher said...

Hey Liz,
This healing process really sucks and as you slog through it just know that it takes time to put you back together. Know that you're in my thoughts every day. See you soon.
Marge