Monday, December 3, 2007

New England Patriots Remain Undefeated, So Does Mom

Title courtesy of my aunt Coco. You see, we've been forced to self-medicate with Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches while watching a stressful Pats game, awaiting the phone call from Mom's floor nurse to tell us she's finally out of recovery and settled in her room. Run on? Who cares- I'm pooped.

Mom's recovering well, which I'm assuming only because they've assigned her a room on a floor, although she still hasn't arrived there. I'm unable to communicate with anyone in recovery (can you say, annoying?), but her floor nurse said she's awaiting her arrival any moment. She'll give me a ring to let me know how things are going once Mom is comfortably situated. I said, "Look, I know that legally, you're not supposed to tell me anything, but I make mean cookies and I'm not afraid to bribe you if my mom is too sleepy to give you permission to communicate with me."

I'll post again tomorrow once I've seen Mom with my own two eyes, providing nothing happens between now and then... knock on wood!

Oh yeah- Tom Brady just called- he dedicated this victory to mom :) What a guy!

4 comments:

LS said...

Monica, Hope you got in to see Liz "with your own two eyes" last night. Heck what nurse could pass up homemade cookies! More good thoughts for today!!

Tom Smith said...

So glad to hear things went well, now she can rest.

Susan Canedy said...

Tell her she looks spectacular for us!

Susan Canedy said...

Better yet, tell her she looks "extraordinary"!