Thursday, December 13, 2007

Behave Yourself, Little Lefty!

Mom had her follow appointment with Dr. K this morning, and she was accompanied by our dear Susan Eastman. She had been experiencing some left-sided flank pain, which obviously has been very concerning since that's her lone kidney, but he seemed confident that this is a muscular thing and she needn't worry. They were in there just over a week ago and things looked perfect on that side of the abdomen.

He was concerned that pain continues to be such an issue, and encouraged her to drink and eat more. In fact, he told her now is the time to eat whatever you want, whenever you want. Talk about a good excuse to have brie cheese on a daily basis. Just to show my support, I might join her in that endeavor.

We're scheduling an appointment to meet with a new oncologist in the next week or two, hopefully when I'm home for the holidays, and Mom will follow up with Dr. K in three weeks.

Oh yes...and I miraculously passed my exams and tomorrow I get pinned. Mom can't be there, but Tom will be "that guy" in the front row with the video recorder so she can enjoy every bad nursing joke and puncture wound (I mean- who thought actually pinning us was a good idea?) for herself when I get home next week!

3 comments:

Planet said...

I'll have to come up with a really nice meal for Babette and Didi. I'm thinking next week looks good any day(s) except the 18th and 21st and 23. I'll give you a heads up.
Congratulations on passing your exams Monica, but I expected nothing less. I knew you could do it!
Love,
Claire

Lynn (Painter extroidonaire) said...

Oh how good that eating sounds to all of us, but probably not to you, Liz! Come on Eat, you can do it! Congrads to you Monica! I had no doubts! Bring some bandaids to graduation! ps...is anyone enjoying this snow!?

LS said...

Congratulations Monica!