Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Sundae Sounds Delicious, Actually

Just when I feel like I'm not sure if I need a good cry or a Reese's Pieces sundae from Friendly's, I get emails like this from my dad.


C'est une idée absolument merveilleuse… semblable à à quel point il
merveilleux est que j'ai appris que j'ai une application de traitement de
texte qui peut traduire celui que j'écrive.

Mais je veux l'examiner pour voir s'il sait tous mots que je sais qui sont américains.
>
> Hot-dog
>
> Camion du feu
>
> Cocotte en terre de Jalapeno et de chou-fleur
>
> Le tigre épuisent
>
> Chiens de sommeil
>
> Le cheval épuisent
>
> Je t'aime tout un désordre de beaucoup mais moi déplorent toujours le « jeu
> de nuage. » Amour, papa.
>
> (.....now in AmericanTexan that all should go something like --
>
> This is an absolutely wonderful idea…similar to how wonderful it is that I
> learned that I have a word-processing application that can translate
> whatever I write.
>
> But I want to test it to see if it knows all the words I know that are
> American.
>
> Hot Dog
>
> Fire truck
>
> Jalapeno and Cauliflower casserole
>
> Tiger poop
>
> Sleeping dogs
>
> Horse poop

5 comments:

Margot Larson said...

Liz-Great talking to you this morning.
It was a long travel day but at last I am in the sunshine state. I cancelled 4 trips to FLa this fall because of Chemo interance.

Speaking of Chemo, I never got any nausea. So you mare welcome to follow in my footsteps.

Margot

PS Cathy says HELLO

filomena said...

Hi Lizzie,

I love (still) the blog and am keeping track of all that happens. I am seeing the light at the end of my tunnel after a month of insanity. So now, missing you more than ever, I hope to see you next week. I am a chemo visit champ and hope to be your driver soon. I agree with all the nutrition and immune system comments....great sleep, less stress, great nutrition, exercise and the simple pleasures of family, friends, reading, and fun activities ( like shopping!)--- these are restorative. Either DFCI or St Francis can recommend a wonderful nutritionist....that may be very helpful. I will call you on Saturday. While I also agree that staying away from sick people is key, perhaps a fun movie, or theater performance, or music performance or ? performance...would be interesting and enjoyable. There is just as much exposure in Marshall's! But first things first....you are about to embark on the chemo phase of your recovery and you need to be at a measured, careful pace while that unfolds. Prayers and love come your way every day..and definitely from me. Much love and many hugs from Filomena

Claude said...

Dad, Try this one out:

Un ours jette une chaux à un homme fol

I say MERDE! to chemo

Shut the door, cCoco

Peter said...

Whoa, no entries for four days, I'm suffering withdrawal here Mo. But I believe no news is good news, and I'm hoping things go well today. Thinking of you and your Mom,

Peter

Mindy Goodfriend said...

Hi there Liz, this is Mindy on behalf of your WPO Loves Liz Gang, very deep and a renewable resource...

We're with you and please keep me in mind if we can help, especially when you are in the Boston area.

From all of your WPO chemo-sabe's,
SENDING LOVE TO YOU AND THE LONG GOODBYE TO ALL THE CRUMMY CANCER CRITTERS.