Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm Just the Messenger

My mom called today. "Not one phone call last night," she said.

"Well, I'm not suprised since I read the riot act to everyone on the blog."

"But I wouldn't have minded a phone call necessarily. I took such a long nap that I couldn't sleep till 11:30pm."

I just can't win. But understandably, she doesn't want me to come accross as the phone police. So maybe the two nights after chemo, we keep it to a min. Otherwise, she'll turn off the ringer if she's napping.

A busy day today. A few hours at the office, a doctor's appointment with her urologist, and a small gathering at the cancer center this evening. They're held by the American Cancer Society monthly, and focus of ways to make patients feel beter inside, by improving the outside. They discuss things like wigs, make-up, skin care (which can be particularly challenging during radiation), and what it means to be a woman living with cancer. Could be totally hokey, who knows, but perhaps it will help Mom to be around others like herself.

1 comment:

Talbot said...

All of you viewing this blog just don't know how caring and giving Monica is.

Today I received Monica's Christmas presents to me...it was Gwennie's (extracted) wisdom teeth and Tommy's newest CD.

All of you viewing this blog just don't know how caring and giving Monica is.