Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Barf In Your General Direction

You'd have to be a Monty Python fan to get that, and as evidenced by the comments on the previous post, my sister and I were raised on it.

Mom used to have a real fear of throwing up. She would sit and meditate away the nausea when she was sick- do ANYTHING to not actually have to vomit. The good news is she's gotten over that fear through this entire debacle. The bad news is that she's over it, but it keeps coming back anyway! She spent the better part of last night praying to the porcelain Goddess, if you get my drift. We're not entirely sure why, could be a bug, could just be a colitis flare up, we probably won't ever know. She's been able to hydrate fairly well since about 4am, and hasn't throw up since about then, and I've encouraged her just to keep hydrating and rest her body as much as she needs, and we'll work up to solids later today. Just like anyone who'd been vomiting, Mom will be best off with bland foods, broth, applesauce, bananas, etc. She tried some meatballs last night that I don't think caused this in anyway, but certainly didn't help either.

Quite a few people have been in and out of the house recently, so in the interest of not stressing out Mom's system, just make sure any visitors wash their hands well before touching a thing, and keep it short and sweet. She's too polite to say anything, but I'm not!

I'm not going to call the house because I don't want to disturb her resting, but I'll check in later this afternoon and let everyone know how she's doing.

4 comments:

Bess said...

Euphemisms I like:

"Driving the porcelain Cadillac."
"Technicolor yawn"
"3-D burb"

and

"Reviewing today's menu"

Talbot said...

Bess....You're such a dweib -- it's supposed to be "Riding the Porcelain Pony."

MrT

...and "deficit spending" is a swell euphemism -- what's wrong with the old-fashioning idiomatic phrase "I'm broke."

Bess said...

Haha, I got confused and thought "deficit spending" was your euphemism for barfing, not hearkening back to the oxymoron convo...I'm going to totally use it as as that now.

"I was so sick; I did some major gastrointestinal deficit spending."

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.