Sunday, January 20, 2008

Miss Manners Would NOT Approve


Mom recently received this little gem from our dear friend, Lynn G. Excellent for keeping the dome toasty if she is ever sans hair. I wanted to find a great picture of it to post, and felt a little guilty googling "fuck cancer," but you wouldn't believe the world of "fuck cancer" gear out there that exists. It's an untapped market, and I think there is more we could do with this expressive verb. Maybe the Talbot Group could use it..."F*** Relocation" on the front, and on the back, "Don't worry, we know how you feel, and we're here to help."

Talk about speaking to all generations. Thanks Lynn, for the comic relief :) I can't promise Mom will be wearing it around Farmington Valley, but it will get some use inside the house, I'm sure.

4 comments:

Talbot said...

As of right now Monica’s Blogs are leading the AFC (Allthis F&%king Cancer) against the NFC (No F*#king Commenters) by a hugely large margin.

All I have to say is that I hope the watchcaps are 100% wool because when I take a knit cap off that has even a hint of man-made synthetics in it I experience enough static electricity to jump-start a 1979 F-150 three-on-the-tree shortbed Ford pick-up truck.

Enough’s enough…sorry if this note offends anyone…..I’ll get out of all you alls hair (I got out of all my hair years ago.)

Gwennie Talbot said...

I WANT ONE. Mom, you don't got no choice. Farmington Valley will be exposed to the cancer-induced profanity. Remember "shit happens"?

p.s. I really wish I had more insightful things to say to my mom, like Margot and Aunt Coco. No such luck.

Claude said...

Gwennie, iLove you!

This may sound funny, but I'm SO glad you don't have "more insightful things to say." Margot and I say what we can because we have both kicked cancer in the effin' booty AND we're glad you're not part of that cClub. You don't want cDiff or cClub membership. (I never had cDiff, but your grandmother Effie did.)

Stick with things that start with lower-case "i" instead! Try on iCare; iLove; iKick Booty; iAm the Greatest Gwennie-Daughter; iSing; iPlay; iWrite; iPray; iHug; iText; iLove My Mom

aAunt cCoco

Jen said...

gGwennie,

I second your aAunt cCoco. Unfortunately, I had a cDiff membership two years ago after taking an antibiotic. I'm SO glad you do not have a membership to that or the cClub.

I've decided to become a member of the iLove Liz Talbot group as I am not able to join the iLove My Mom group that Gwennie is a member of.(Mom, I do love you. Please don't take this out of context).

I have one more question to add to this post. cClaude, are you by any chance related to dDad/gGeorge? I know it's not possible but the two of you make me pPee in my pPants from laughter!

jJen