Thursday, December 3, 2009

Recommended Readings

Thank you to everyone! You were spot on. The following three books were assigned to me when I took an elective in nursing school called "Care at the End of Life." I've picked them up a few times since because at each point in my life, they've meant something different. I would highly suggest any of the following:

On Death and Dying, by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D.

Final Gifts, by Maggie Callanan and Patricia Kelley

Dying Well, by Ira Byock, M. D.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Monica,

I wish there was a way for me to tell you how much you, your family, and especially your amazing mom, give me hope and inspiration. I've spent the last few hours reading your posts, and I can tell you that I hope to one day be as strong as a Talbot.

Much Love,
Shanti Mulpuru

Unknown said...

Monica:

I cannot imagine what you are going through, but absolutely agree with the first two of your book choices. I have read both and they are on my "all time favorites" list! The third book is now on my "to do" list.

Shanti said it perfectly! If we could all be as strong as a Talbot, we would all do well.

Love and hugs to you all,
Lissa

Unknown said...

TALBOT FAMILY ROCKS! i love you guys and girls so much. your family photo at thanksgiving is fabulous and i wish i was in the background! i'm always thinking of Liz "Sexy" Talbot. xoxo emily