Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chicken Soup for the Bowels

No, not the name of my new novel. Mom's friend brought chicken soup from Crown (a major hit last year) and it's really gotten the tummy grumbling! She went for a long walk this evening, climbed a flight of stairs, and is doing everything in her power to get things moving.

She took to the 2 units of blood well, and she's just had labs drawn to check if her hematocrit is on the rise.

I'm hoping she gets a good night of rest, without sheet issues, and hopefully tomorrow will be the day. In the meantime, we're just hanging here sharing a grape soda (totally organic and sugar free) planning the Thanksgiving menu. GRAVY!

1 comment:

Claude said...

Now that I am back home, I feel so out of the loop. I understand better how others feel. When you're out here, there are never enough posts; when you're in there you don't feel there is enough new information to bother. It's hard to balance. First there is the desire to just sit with Liz and discuss anything she wants to talk about. Then, there's one's own need for some mindless downtime (Monica and I spend Tuesday evening with take-put dinner from Boston Market and Friendly's while watching the movie "Sex and the City.") Finally, Monica is aware you all want info. I too am learning a lesson in patients... :)