Thursday, October 1, 2009

She's Graduated!

Because Mom's cerebral spinal fluid has remained clear of active cancer cells, she's graduated to only having to get intrathecal chemotherapy once a week!

She is elated- more time for rest, massage, acupuncture, visits, meditation, and generally enjoying her day to day life. Energy is still low, but her appetite never ceases to amaze us. Yesterday: 4 eggs, scrambled, 1/2 corn muffin with no less than 3 tablespoons of butter, macaroni and cheese, the better part of a vegetable burrito, grilled cod, baked potato with sour cream and the remaining stick of butter, washed down with a brownie a la mode. And I'm sure I have forgotten a few things on the list.

Her lack of strength is frustrating, so before her next round of systemic chemo during the second week of October, we're focusing on getting lots of healthy calories in and maximizing our physical therapy hours.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you loads of good energy!

Keep that appetite up!
xoxox
Chrissy

H.F. said...

Sounds like what I've been eating....

XOXOXO LOVE you guys. CALIFORNIA!!!!

Joy Banach said...

Got a homemade Blueberry pie to drop off today. Yup, I fired up the stove and no-calls were made to the AFD. Joy

Anne de Barcza said...

WOOHOO!!! Now that's what I'm talking about! My kind of food consumption!
Sending you every ounce of energy I have (they call me the energizer bunny at work :-) xoxoxoxoxoxo ac

Bess said...

I was so psyched to be able to see you guys this past weekend! Have fun with the excellent hot chocolate I left you. Just in time for cooler weather.

Stephanie said...

I'm getting hungry...