Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

I could spend all night listing what I am thankful for, but this picture pretty much sums it up (or roughly one fifth of it up): FAMILY.
The above is from our second celebration of the day at my aunt and uncle's house in Canton, where Mom housed her second full plate of Thanksgiving dinner. Mom, Dad, Gwennie and myself had our first plate of turkey delight at McLean, and I was pretty sure that Mom would be too tired to venture out, but I was quickly corrected.

After a few days of feeling a bit under the weather, it was a vision to see Mom energetic and hungry. She'd been dealing with some new pain in her lower back and legs, which was difficult to treat without making her feel too groggy. She's also experienced some nausea and increased fatigue, some of which may be a product of over-working herself, or some neurological changes, so her team is watching her closely and working hard to ensure her symptoms are well managed.

Today was a wonderful day. One of the best Thanksgivings in a long time. The last two we've been a week before or a week after major surgery, so to just relax and enjoy time with family was a treat. My food coma keeps me from mustering up further creativity, but from our family to yours, we hope you had a wonderful holiday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz, I am SO happy that you were able to enjoy this wonderful time with your family!!

Thank you for sharing the great picture with us all.

Luv and hugs to you all!
Lissa
P.S. I am germ free, so let me know when you're up for an entrepreneurial visit!

diane bruno said...

Liz

I'm eating pumpkin pie and ice cream while reading your blog postings this week. The family pic is priceless. Your happiness is very apparent. My love to you. I think of you often and continually send positive thoughts and prayers. Diane Bruno

Joy Banach said...

Great shot! Joy XOXO

Darlene said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your family! What a great picture.

Alas, I'm still not germ free and was hoping to be better to schedule with you! My sore throat came back with a vengence yet again this past week (yep, Thanksgiving too!), but now the antibiotics are kicking in, finally! So maybe NEXT week!

Sounds like you are a real "go getter" with your motorized wheelchair!! Take it easy - just keep it to around 15 mph in the halls please! Darlene