Tuesday, February 3, 2009

7 Days To Go

It feels like it is going by quickly for all of us, but I'm sure my mother begs to differ. The side effects continue to accumulate and her fatigue is sucking up any motivation to do much else than the bare minimum her day requires. Even though her treatments end a week from today, she'll probably not start feeling better until at least a week or so later.

Many thanks to her Helping Hands network, both official and unofficial members, who've stepped up to the plate with food deliveries and rides to radiation. I know it brings Mom a great deal of comfort to know that with these small gestures she doesn't have to use any of her energy thinking, "what's for dinner?"

1 comment:

Claude said...

I too would like to thank those Helping Hands. I was trying to orchestrate you gals from afar, and was waiting for Liz to send me her "can eat vs. cannot eat" list. She didn't have the energy to do that, since I had no fax machine; she would have to retype the whole thing into an email.
I guess you wonderfully proactive women made use of the little information I already supplied, and ran with it:
NO ROUGHAGE
NO ANTIOXIDANTS
PLENTY OF BORING WHITE BREAD
FATTENING FOOD
NO WHITE SUGAR
NO RED MEAT
Rides to radiation appointments was a nice added gesture. You gals think of everything. Of course, why would anyone doubt you?
Love, Claude/Lil Sis/Aunt Coco