Monday, June 29, 2009

Mom Have Unusual Results? Shocking...

She never did like being predictable, in life or cancer!

Dr. C gave Mom a call where she's up in Maine visiting family and said that the good news is the measurable tumors have shrunk. The not good news is that the cancer seems to be moving in unusual patterns. So all I can gather from 2nd hand information is that it is shrinking and moving all at the same time.

Huh?

Tomorrow Mom will fly to Boston bright and early so we're going to get some breakfast and brainstorm a million questions to inundate Dr. C & Co. with at her appointment in the afternoon. Then it's chemo, which marks the official start of cycle 3.

She feels well though, not too tired, no pain, and is well fed after a long weekend up north. Stay tuned for another post tomorrow evening.





Oh, and I just want to give a little shout out:

20 years ago today, Gwennie stole my "only child" thunder. Punk.



mother's day 2009, Still River Farm

4 comments:

trix said...

I say we run with the good news! Go kick some chemo butt tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you:)

Elizabeth said...

Agree -- it's all about the good news and to heck with the bad. Happy B'day Gwennie. I remember the day very well. Monica was pretty excited, and she hid her misery about sharing behind that dazzling smile. 20. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Gwennie is 20!! Whatever happened to 19? How come nobody tells me these things?? I'm in shock I tell you, shock! No wonder you are tired, makes me tired, too!

Fair warning: Your big brother is 59, so y'all 'r hearby warned. This info is good for another 11 months and 2 weeks.

Hope that Denver will work out into your summer plans, but it's OK either way.

Unknown said...

Anytime you need me, I'm there. Hear that Gwennie and Monica (rides to anyplace, anytime). Cell (860) 836-2680. Happy B-Day Gwennie, 20 means your life's a Candy Store (when you're in your 20s). It is just like yesterday I was holding the flash light while you and Lauren went Trick-n-Treating. Who ate all the Hershey Bars???? LOL Love, Joy