Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I Have Cancer & A Fever"

This is what I made my mom practice saying as she drove to the Emergency Department at good 'ole St. Frannie's. She returned home yesterday from 10 lovely days in Florida with her father, looking so forward to a big dinner with all her Helping Hands friends, but surprise! Fever!

She's been feeling really under the weather today, and when she called me at 4pm, she hadn't thought to check her temperature, which she promptly did, and is running a 102 degree fever. One phone call to Judy later, and she's on the way to the hospital.

No reason to get concerned, but they'll definitely draw some blood to check her red and white blood cells, as well as get a chest x-ray. If anything seems suspect, she might have to stay a night or two for some intravenous antibiotics.

Fortunately, I'm not working tomorrow, so if she needs some support, I'm a quick drive away. I'll blog as soon as I have an update!

1 comment:

Talbot said...

That'll teach Mamasan to not to eat something like Gulf Shrimp that her Papasan cooked for dinner the night before she returned to Connecticut.